Monday, May 30, 2011
One of the best dinners ever, kinda had all my favourite types of food in one sitting! Approx. $70 for a 7 crse jap-fusion meal, crazy good service, free flow of lychee(?) wheatish hot japanese tea.
- Starter platter- a hunk of scallop with asparagus foam, fois gras and smoke salmon with whip cream.
- (non alcoholic) Sour plum shots.
- Sashimi platter. I hate the ebi sashimi cos the taste is too strong and the meat too mushy, so the waiter offered to fry it for me, and served it with the yummiest truffle mash potato.
- Truffle chawanmushi which was just insaneeee. Love love love truffles.
- Crab bisque soup cappuccino style.
- Cod steak on a bed of truffle mash for my main (was mad full by this time).
- Warm chocolate cake for dessert.
- Post dinner rose lemon tea.
CANT W8 TO GO BAQ :) WORTH IT, RIGHT?! Bringing my parents here to celebr8 my job promotion for shure.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Meet the 2 newest additions to my Chanel stash. Mimosa is a bright assed yellow with a silvered sheen throughout its body, almost like a metallic mask tt gives the polish crazy depth of colour. Morning Rose is a perfect pink, not too bright (whore) and not too sweet (lolita). It is flecked with distinct golden glitter that sparkles at correct angles... luv how Chanel never fails to deliver in its micro glitter/ colour distortion metallic masking
p/s: horrible paint job I know
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Meet Choey (Zoe), Nadia's mini leopard (bengal cat). Isn't she a beauty! We had a humble subway + asparagus soup dinner (Nad can cook, so can you, even if it's just convenience food) before sucking up 3 hours slp and getting on a flight to Sydney, where we were to meet the spawn of all Demons, Caleb.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
After touching down in Melb, we dropped our luggage off at Nad's before heading to Brunswick Street, which was absolutely lovely... a lot of vintage and contemporary stores, discount "pop-up" stores, restaurants and cafes of every kind, pubs around every corner and walls sprayed to graffiti(ous) perfection. We had the best Viet there (the pho was really motherfucking good), cheap pizza on couches where mini skirt Nad flashed her undies to everyone, and cider + blonde beer at a random pub before tramming back to St. Kilda's in the cold.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
And just like that, the 9 day holiday is over. It was alot of chilling w friends, pigging out, drinking up and shopping. Touristy stuff, not so much. Back to work tmr, fucking sian. Pictures up soon, here's a crappy iPhone pik of the Fireballs @ Crown Casino, Melbourne, for starters.